General Terms and Conditions for Business Hive 2023 competiton
The organization Management Group (hereinafter: “The Organizer” or “Management Group” or “Združenje Management Group”) is presenting Business Hive 2023 (hereinafter: “Business Hive” or “Business Hive 2023” or “competition”) in collaboration with participating companies(hereinafter: “Case Providers”). Business Hive is regulated by rules following below.
1. Upon arrival, the participants are divided into groups and presented business cases by Case Providers.
2. Business Hive is looking for an innovative and demonstrative solution that is in accordance with the business case presented by Case Providers. Solutions must meet the following criteria:
• The solution must be in English.
• Each team can contribute only one solution. Incomplete solutions may be disqualified.
• The form in which the solution must be handed in is determined by the Case Provider. The solution must be presented to the expert committee of the Case Provider.
The organizer reserves the right to disqualify any solution, which is not in order with the set rules of Business Hive.
3. The winning team is determined by the Case Provider’s expert committee. The organizer can extend the Case Provider’s decision-making time. The decision of the committee is definite. The winning team will receive a monetary prize in the amount of 1.000,00 EUR gross.
4. The participant guarantees and assures that their final solution is their own work and does not break any property or intellectual rights of third parties, including, without any limitations, patents, trademarks and protected intellectual property of third parties.
5. All moral rights of the solution stay in possession of the participant. The participant agrees to transfer all material copyright, ownership rights and parts of the participant’s solution to the Case Provider, with permanent, exclusive and territorially unlimited access to all material authorship rights for reproduction, distribution, lease and transferring of acquired rights to third parties, copyrights, rights of editing, public display, public use, publishing and use, in part or as whole, each solution in whichever way possible without additional compensations during and after Business Hive. Every participant confirms and agrees that Case Providers, other participants or third parties can develop or order the works that are similar to the solution of the participant or their team or can develop similar work in the future. Every participant renounces any claims regarding the similarities of the solution of their solution or the solution of their team.
6. The organizer and the Case Providers are not taking responsibility for any loss or damage which might happen directly or indirectly because of participation in Business Hive, or because of use or acceptance of any prize or because of inability to accept or use the prize. Furthermore, the organizer and the partners are not taking any responsibility for: (1) technical breakdowns, including breakdown of any mobile phone, computer, network, hardware or software; (2) inaccessibility of any service; (3) electronic or human mistakes that may occur in the administration of Business Hive; or (4) any injuries or damages to a person or property, including your computer which is directly or indirectly, partially or wholly caused because of participation in Business Hive.
7. Every participant agrees that the organizer and the Case Providers are not held responsible for damages, injuries, damage claims, reasons for legal proceedings, responsibility or loss, known or unknown, absolute or conditional, in present or future that arises because of or in connection with: (1) your failure to comply with the rules of Business Hive; (2) false claims that participant gave in accordance to the rules of Business Hive rules; or (3) participation in Business Hive.
8. The organizer is reserving the right to cancel, change or postpone the event Business Hive, partially or fully, by their own judgment in case of fraud, technical or other difficulties or in case of endangered integrity of Business Hive, without being responsible to participants. In case of higher force, e. g. epidemics, the registration fee will be reimbursed. The organizer reserves the right to disqualify any participant who violates the rules of Business Hive or cheats, threatens or harasses other teams, members of the team, organizational staff or the representatives of the partners.
9. Due to sensitive information about past and current Business Hive events, participants agree that they are not current members or recruit of the Združenje Management Group, Kardeljeva ploščad 17, 1000 Ljubljana. Current members or recruits of this organization cannot participate as participants in the competition Business Hive 2023.
10. In order to provide a professional and effective service, we need to keep a record of personal information. This is all information gathered on the application form, such as name and surname, gender, year of birth, nationality, e-mail, telephone, educational institution, year of study, educational orientation/programme, dietary restrictions. All personal information is treated as private and confidential by the organizer and Case Providers. It is recorded in a database and/or in a paper file. Participants have the right to see any information that we hold about them. We may compile statistical information for monitoring purposes, but this will never include references to a particular individual. There may be times when the organizer might need to discuss some of participants personal details with Case Providers. We will share the following personal information of the participants with Case Providers (name and surname, email address, name of the educational institution, and programme of study) in order to help them connect with you and in case they will be interested in further collaboration with you after Business Hive 2023.
11. If any part of this participation contract is deemed illegal or unenforceable, that does not affect the validity, legitimacy and the ability to enforce other parts of this contract. This contract is under the legislation of the Republic of Slovenia and is subdued to exclusive authority of the courts of Slovenia.
By participating in Business Hive 2023 you agree that you have read and understood the information above, and give your consent for the organizer to hold personal information about you, and for the organizer to share information with Case Providers where it is necessary.
Management Group holds the right to terminate the contract in whole or in part if, before or during the implementation of the program, exceptional circumstances arise that could not have been expected, removed or avoided, and for Management Group these circumstances constitute a valid reason for not fulfilling the contract.
Management Group reserves the right to make any necessary changes to the program due to the occurrence of any force majeure during the course of the program. In such cases, it may provide participants with services in a modified form.
In the event of extraordinary circumstances, which Management Group could not expect and avoid, Management Group reserves the right to change the date and time of competition or/and call-off the competition if necessary.
This Non-disclosure Agreement (the "Agreement") is entered into by and between ZDRUŽENJE MANAGEMENT GROUP with its principal offices at Kardeljeva ploščad 17, 1000 Ljubljana, ("Disclosing Party") and participant of Business Hive 2023 ("Receiving Party") for the purpose of preventing the unauthorized disclosure of Confidential Information as defined below. The parties agree to enter in a confidential relationship with respect to the disclosure of confidential information ("Confidential Information").
1. Definition of Confidential Information. For purposes of this Agreement,"Confidential Information" shall include all information or material that has or could have commercial value or other utility. Therefore, all information and materials regarding business cases presented on Business Hive 2023 are subject to confidentiality.
2. Exclusions from Confidential Information. Receiving Party's obligations under this Agreement do not extend to information that is: (a) publicly known at the time of disclosure or subsequently becomes publicly known through no fault of the Receiving Party; (b) discovered or created by the Receiving Party before disclosure by Disclosing Party; (c) learned by the Receiving Party through legitimate means other than from the Disclosing Party or Disclosing Party's representatives; or (d) is disclosed by Receiving Party with Disclosing Party's prior written approval.
3. Obligations of the Receiving Party. The Receiving Party shall hold and maintain the Confidential Information in strictest confidence for the sole and exclusive benefit of the Disclosing Party. Receiving Party shall carefully restrict access to Confidential Information to employees, contractors and third parties as is reasonably required and shall require those persons to sign nondisclosure restrictions at least as protective as those in this Agreement. Receiving Party shall not, without prior written approval of the Disclosing Party, use for Receiving Party's own benefit, publish, copy, or otherwise disclose to others, or permit the use by others for their benefit or to the detriment of the Disclosing Party, any Confidential Information. Receiving Party shall return to the Disclosing Party any and all records, notes, and other written, printed, or tangible materials in its possession pertaining to Confidential Information immediately if the Disclosing Party requests it in writing.
4. Time Periods. The non-disclosure provisions of this Agreement shall survive the termination of this Agreement and Receiving Party's duty to hold Confidential Information in confidence shall remain in effect until the Confidential Information no longer qualifies as a trade secret or until Disclosing Party sends Receiving Party written notice releasing Receiving Party from this Agreement, whichever occurs first.
5. Relationships. Nothing contained in this Agreement shall be deemed to constitute either party a partner, joint venturer or employee of the other party for any purpose.
6. Severability. If a court finds any provision of this Agreement invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of this Agreement shall be interpreted so as best to affect the intent of the parties.
7. Integration. This Agreement expresses the complete understanding of the parties with respect to the subject matter and supersedes all prior proposals, agreements, representations and understandings. This Agreement may not be amended except in a writing signed by both parties.
8. Waiver. The failure to exercise any right provided in this Agreement shall not be a waiver of prior or subsequent rights.
AUTHORISATION AND CONSENT TO USE PHOTOGRAPH AND VIDEO CONTENT
1. This Authorization and Consent to Use Photographs and video content taken during Business Hive is given by the participant of Business Hive 2023 (“participant”) to The Organizer to further use for internal or external promotional reasons (publications, brochures, flyers, posters, social media, newsletter, website, media relises, promotional videos etc.) by the Management Team and/or the Case Providers.
2. For the purposes of this document, the term “Management Group” shall include, but not be limited to Združenje Management Group, its President, and all members of Management Group.
3. As part of Management Group or matters in connection therewith, photographs, film, videos or other types of medium may be taken or used. In connection therewith, the picture (either still or in action) of the participant may be taken.
4. Acknowledging the foregoing, the participant hereby gives consent and authorization to the Management Group and/or Case Providers for the use of photograph, picture or image (either still or in action) of the participant for further internal or external promotional purposes (publications, brochures, flyers, posters, social media, newsletter, website, media relises, promotional videos etc.) or other medium for or on behalf of the Management Group, and waives and forever releases the Management Group from and against any and all claims, demands or causes of action arising out of, or associated with, the Management Group’s use of the photograph, picture or image.
5. If any participant disagrees with the taking of photographs and videos and the processing of the captured material as described above, they should make this clear to the event organiser by sending an email to email@example.com.
6. The authorization and consent granted herein shall continue in full force and effect until a written revocation is delivered to the Združenje Management Group, Kardeljeva ploščad 17, 1000 Ljubljana or via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Before I agreed to this document, I was given the opportunity to read it. I was also given the opportunity to consult with any person, including an attorney, if I desired to do so. I have agreed to this document freely and voluntarily.
RULES FOR PRIZE MONEY ACHIEVED
1. These rules determinate the rightful claimants, conditions, procedure and payoff of one-time prize money that will be awarded to the natural persons that will be declared as the “winners” of the case study's competition as a part of the Business Hive 2023 event, organized by Združenje Management Group at the Faculty of Economics in Ljubljana (Slovenia), held between 31st of March and April 2nd 2023.
2. The right to claim the prize money belongs to the natural person (i.e. “beneficiary or rightful claimant”), that cumulatively fulfills the following conditions:
• is a natural person,
• will participate at the Business Hive 2023, an event organized by the Združenje Management Group at the Faculty of Economics in Ljubljana (Slovenia), between 31st of March and April 2nd 2023,
• will register at register desk on March 31, 2023 at the beginning of the event,
• will be at the final presentation on April 2, 2023, where he/she will help to represent his/her team's solution for the case challenge given to his/her team, and
• will be a member of a team that is chosen as the “winning team” by a Company (i.e. “Case provider”) on April 2 2023.
3. The prize money is monetary and amounts to EUR 1.000,00 (gross amount before taxation). It will be awarded to the winning team (or “winning group”) at the Business Hive 2023 event. The prize money of EUR 1.000,00 will be shared proportionally among prize winners, i.e. natural persons the winning team consists of. (For example, if there are 4 people in a winning team, each of the members receives EUR 250.00 EUR. The calculation is the following: EUR 1.000,00 / 4 persons. The amount of EUR 250.00 represents a gross amount before taxation.)
4. The procedure established for awarding the prize money at the Business Hive 2023 event is managed by the organizers of this event i.e. by legal members of the Združenje Management Group. The winning team, composed of natural persons, receiving the prize money (“prize winners”), will be chosen solely by the representatives of the Case Provider’s expert committee, which will provide a case study for the participants of Business Hive 2023. This means that there are four winning teams that receive the prize money. For each case challenge the first prize winning team will be awarded with a monetary prize (i.e. “prize money”) of EUR 1.000,00 (gross amount before taxation).
5. The prize money defined in the Article 3 of the Prize MoneyRules is determined in gross amount and is paid out directly to the natural persons, composing a winning team. The prize money of EUR 1.000,00 will be paid out proportionately to the number of people in a winning team.
6. The prize money will be transferred to the bank accounts of the members of the winning teams, i.e. on a bank account of a natural and not a legal person, in a net amount. The net amount is the gross amount minus personal income tax paid. The personal income tax on the prize money will be paid by Združenje Management Group directly to the Slovenian Tax Authorities (FURS) in accordance with the Slovenian Personal Income Tax Act (PIT-2). The tax will be paid before the prize money is transferred to the winner's bank account.
7. The natural person that has the right to receive the prize money needs to fill in a special form, which they will receive on April 2, 2023 from the organizers via email. They will give the necessary and correct data about their bank account on which they want to receive the prize money.
STATEMENT ON AGREEING WITH RULES ON PRIZE MONEY ACHIEVED ON THE BUSINESS HIVE 2023
This clause clarifies that by participating in Business Hive 2023 you are entering into a legally binding agreement with us and you agree to comply with these Terms and Conditions. By participating in Business Hive 2023 you confirm that you have read the terms & conditions written above and that you agree with the articles 1-7 defined in the Rules For Prize Money Achieved On The Business Hive 2023 event.
Use of personal data: By applying for Business Hive 2023, you agree to process your data in accordance with the following content. Personal data relates to an individual who applied to Business Hive 2023 with personal data; name and surname, gender, year of birth, nationality, e-mail, telephone, educational institution, year of study, educational orientation/programme, dietary restrictions. We collect your data on our website by applying to Business Hive.
We collect and use your personal data for the following purposes:
• All data is used to process your application and to support administrative and legal purposes.
• Name and Surname information it is used to identify the person to whom the invoice for the ticket fee is going to be issued. Paid invoice is also used as a ticket for the event. Tickets are tied to the fixed person to whom the invoice had been issued, they cannot be given to another individual.
• Name and Surname information it is going to be used also on the participation badges, on the list where participants can see the members of the teams on the event and the recommendation letter.
• Gender data is going to be used for specific promotional materials for example t-shirts, analytical and research purposes.
• Year of birth data is going to be used for analytical purposes and research.
• Nationality data is going to be used for analytical purposes and research.
• Phone number and email are going to be used to communicate with you: to send you the invoice, reminders and notifications.
• Educational institution, year of study, educational orientation/programme information is going to be used for analytical purposes and research.
• Dietary restrictions information it is going to be used to ensure meal preparation for everyone with or without allergies or special diets (vegan or vegetarian).
Following personal information of the participants: name and surname, email address, name of the educational institution, and programme of study; will be shared with Case Providersin order to help them connect with you and in case they will be interested in further collaboration with you after Business Hive 2023.
All data is going to be saved and protected, it can be accessed only by current members of Združenje Management Group. Data is going to be saved for five years from the end of the event (till April 2 2027).
The legal basis of data processing activities indicated above are based on your consent, and commencing from 25 May 2018 of the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation No. 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council) ("GDPR").
First-party cookies on this site which require consent: Cookies which are not absolutely essential in order to use this website but fulfill important functions. Without these cookies, features that enable our website to be used easily, for example pre-completed forms, will no longer be available and settings as language choices, will no longer be saved.
By applying you agree to our Terms and Conditions including Use of personal data and Cookies policy.